Program Structure (Detail of the program is available here in Thai.)
You will be given a general introduction to all aspects of modern science and encouraged to acquire general scientific skills.
You will develop your knowledge of fundamental aspects related to biological science. You will be introduced to specialist subject areas (e.g. botany, zoology, microbiology, biomolecular and cellular sciences, and biostatistical thinking). The 21st century skills will also be incorporated, so the students will have creative thinking, entrepreneurship, and ideas to live sustainably in biodiversity-based socioeconomic environments.
You will be introduced to a range of biological science aspects in agriculture, agroindustry, biomedical science, and fishery which are keys for sustainable development towards the biodiversity-based socioeconomic environments. There will be a strong emphasis on biological data science skills as well as practical laboratory work, allowing you hands-on and habituate interdisciplinary experience of several biological science techniques including DNA and molecular technology, agriculture and agroindustry technologies, fisheries field techniques, bioinformatics and computational biology.
Since the third year, you will select specialist subjects according to your interests (i.e, agriculture, agroindustry, biomedical science, molecular biology, and biological data science). The program will provide flexible educational environment which involves lecturers, researchers and learning facilities from several departments, faculties and campuses (i.e., Agriculture, Agro-Industry, Fishery, Science, and more). Your fourth year will also feature a research project, a practicum, and a dissertation. The practicum and project can be normally in research unit, industry or some other organisations such as a research institute in Thailand or overseas. There is funding opportunity to apply for practicum and conducting a research project abroad including university scholarships and international funding.
Students will be able to
1. Able to communicate topics related to biological science theories in English
2. Able to analyze and discuss topics related to technological advancement in biological science in English
3. Able to work in the laboratory following biological science methodology and bioinformatic methods
4. Able to interpret the result and write the research report using correct statistical and biological science methodology
5. Able to design solutions to solve biological problems using relevant knowledges
6. Able to write bioinformatics programs for data management and solving biological science problems
Example of the study plan
Year 1 Semester 1
Year 1 Semester 2
Year 2 Semester 1
Year 2 Semester 2
Year 3 Semester 1
Year 3 Semester 2
Year 4 Semester 1
Year 4 Semester 2